2020 Novel Prize Winners-
1. 2020 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
• Three scientists won the Nobel Prize in medicine for discovering the liver-ravaging hepatitis C virus which causes severe liver disease.
• Americans Harvey J. Alter and Charles M. Rice and British-born scientist Michael Houghton were honoured for their work over several decades on an illness that still plagues more than 70 million worldwide and kills over 400,000 each year.
2. 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics
• Roger Penrose of Britain, Reinhard Genzel of Germany and Andrea Ghez of the US won the Nobel Physics Prize FOR 2020.
• The physicists were selected for their discoveries about one of the most exotic phenomena in the universe, the black hole.
• Andrea Ghez is just the fourth woman to receive the physics prize since 1901 when the first Nobel prizes were handed out.
3. 2020 Nobel Prize for Chemistry
• 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna for the development of a method for genome editing.
• They have discovered one of gene technology’s sharpest tools: the CRISPR/Cas9 genetic scissors.
• This technology has had a revolutionary impact on the life sciences, is contributing to new cancer therapies and may make the dream of curing inherited diseases come true.
4. 2020 Nobel Prize for Chemistry
• Nobel Prize for Literature 2020 has been awarded to the US poet Louise Glück.
• Glück, born 1943 in New York, lives in Massachusetts and is also a professor of English at Yale University.
• She is the fourth woman to win the prize for literature since 2010, and only the 16th since the Nobel prizes were first awarded in 1901.
• The last American to win was Bob Dylan in 2016.
Hello Peeps, I’m Dipansu Singh, student and a content writer.