World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on 14 June. The World Health Organization started celebrating this day in 2004. Since then, World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on 14 June.
This day is celebrated to promote blood donation. Camps are also organized at many places to donate blood on 14 June i.e. World Blood Donor Day. The main purpose of celebrating this day is to provide blood as per need in the world. If sufficient amount of blood will be available in the blood banks, then no person will die due to anemia.
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated on the birthday of Karl Landsteiner who made the world aware of the blood group system. Karl Landsteiner was also awarded with the Nobel Prize in 1930 for his discovery of the blood group.When the amount of blood in the body starts decreasing, then blood is needed. Blood is transfused in the body to meet the blood supply to the body.The main objective behind celebration of World Blood Donor Day is to make people aware of blood donation.By donating blood voluntarily, adequate amount of blood will be available in the blood banks, so that the patient can get blood easily if needed.
Many people in the country and world die of blood loss every day, so donating blood can give new life to many people. Celebrating this day can remind people that blood donation is necessary.Every year World Blood Donation Day has different theme. This year’s theme is …
Safe blood, saves life.This slogan has been given on World Blood Donation Day this year…
Give blood and make the world a healthier place.
Who can donate blood.
- Any healthy person whose age is more than 18 years can donate blood.
- The person donating blood must weigh more than 45-50 kg.
Who should not donate blood …
- Unhealthy person should not donate blood.
- A person infected with HIV should not donate blood.
- If a person has had diseases like Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C in the past, then he should not donate blood.
- Person having cold or fever a week ago.
- Treatment of antibiotic, insulin therapy or taking any medicine.
- Cannot donate blood even if you have cardio problem, hypertension, epilepsy, diabetes, a history of cancer, chronic kidney and liver disease, bleeding Teddy or any kind of sexual problem.
- Have undergone any major surgery in the last 6 months.
- Have undergone any vaccination in the last 24 hours.
- If there has been any miscarriage or pregnancy in the last 6 months. Or have been breast-feeding for the last one year.
- If you fainted while donating blood last time.
- Treatment has been done regularly with blood products.
- Addicted to drug.
- Have had sexual relations with different partners. Or have an unsafe sexual relation. If he/she is HIV positive.
- Should have consumed alcohol within 24 to 48 hours.
Things to be kept in mind before donating blood ..
- Take a protein-rich diet
- To keep the balanced amount of iron in the body you should take things containing plenty of iron, like raisins, spinach etc.
- A nutritious diet should be taken after about three hours of blood donation. In such a situation, if you eat sweet fruits, it will be better.
- Eating junk food immediately after donating blood is not considered good for the body. For this, consult a doctor and eat good food.
- Workout or exercise in the gym on the next day of blood donation is not right. First let the blood circulation in the body become normal. Only then do the workouts.